Sorbonne University trains more than 9,000 people every year in the context of continuing education, thanks to the expertise of its academic researchers.
Our online catalog
Sorbonne University presents you a new unique continuing education training catalog of its three faculties (Letters, Medicine and Sciences and Engineering) and its three in-house schools (CELSA, INSPE and POLYTECH Sorbonne).
Discover our diversified offer; co-develop tailor-made training solutions adapted to the needs of companies; find out about financing possibilities and latest news on continuing education: it is now possible with our new online catalog.
The mission of the Continuing Education Department of Sorbonne University is to promote the continuing education offer of all the entities, which constitute Sorbonne University:
- Helping companies to develop the skills of their employees.
- Responding to the need of professionals, job seekers, or retired people for new skills to enable career progression, retraining or reorientation.
- Promoting the exchange of know-how and skills between the academic and business communities.
Sorbonne University is known all over the world for its high-level research in three major fields: sciences and engineering; arts and humanities; health professions.
This expertise has been shown to meet the expectations of a lot of companies and local authorities, to support and train their employees with programmes adapted to their needs.
Continuing Education Opportunities
Sorbonne University offers short courses in English in the following domains:
- In Biosciences-animal experimentation:
- Course #1: laboratory use of live animals - laws, regulations, guidelines and standards in Europe
- Course #2: laboratory use of live animals - experimental projects, severity classification criteria of scientific procedures
- Course #3: laboratory use of live animals - rodent breeding colony management
- In Biosciences-Epigenics: initiation to chromatinandmethylated DNA immunoprecipitation
- In Geosciences: from outcrops to seismic acquisition and interpretation
- In Mathematics and applications: FINANCIAL ENGINEERING, Modeling, Simulation and Data Analytics
- In Quantum information: Introduction to the quantum future: Quantum Information 1.0
- In Computer Science: Master Informatique – Digital International Program (DIGIT)
- In Electronics, electrical energy : MASTER 2 ÉLECTRONIQUE, ÉNERGIE ÉLECTRIQUE, AUTOMATIQUE PARCOURS INGÉNIERIE POUR LA SANTÉ (IPS) – MECHATRONIC SYSTEMS FOR REHABILITATION (MSR)
Short courses in French, from 1 to 5 days, based on the university's research and innovation potential (all links below are to the French site):
- In Science and Engineering
- In Arts and Humanities including the Celsa information and communication school
- In Health Professions
Tailor-made short courses are designed to meet the ever-changing needs of the professions and the demands of companies and institutions. Science and engineering laboratory visits and healthcare immersion courses are offered. The Continuing Education Department also organizes seminars, workshops and conferences on specific themes or subjects on demand from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
French National Diplomas and Qualifications
- Over 60 national diplomas are available primarily in French (some of which can be accessed with the personal training account (CPF): a DAEU (a baccalaureate equivalence to enable access to higher education), bachelor's, master's and engineering degrees, and PhDs.
- We offer support within the framework of the returning to studies: information, advice and individualised programs, from DAEU B (in science) to PhD.
VAE and VAPP
- Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) and individual or collective support, available in English
A VAE will validate professional experience with a view to earning all or part of a degree: bachelor's, master's, PhD, engineering degrees and university diplomas. The VAE allows access to degree programs without having the required qualification; it also enables adults to obtain part of a professional diploma, or even the full diploma. This may result from professional and personal experience, from the exercise of trade or associative responsibilities or previous training. The VAE is therefore both an official recognition of prior learning, an essential tool in the process of lifelong learning, and a way to reduce the time spent on an education program.
- Validation of personal and professional achievements, available in English
The VAPP allows people to resume studies without having the required diploma. The continuing education department can offer the validation of studies, professional experience, or personal achievements for access to the different levels of higher education (VAPP).
Our Accreditations and Referencing
Since June 2021, and for a period of 3 years, Sorbonne University is certified Qualiopi, which is a Quality Certification for continuing education professionals, for the following categories of actions: Training actions – Actions allowing the validation of acquired experience.
National diplomas (licences and masters degrees) are registered in the RNCP (National Directory of Professional Certification), some of our short courses and University Diplomas (DU) prepare for certifications listed in the Specific Directory (Répertoire Spécifique), and you can find our training offer listed in the French CPF (Personal Training Account). Therefore, financial support is possible for these trainings of our catalogue.