By mutual agreement, Sorbonne University, its research staff and doctoral students agree to respect a charter concerning free access to publications. By depositing the full text of any article in the open archive HAL Sorbonne Université as soon as it’s published and then referencing the author’s other types of publications, research staff and PhD students contribute to the open access dissemination of their publications. Sorbonne University supports them by facilitating the filing of publications, by ensuring their long-term archiving and by training the University community in the best practices of open access.
The Sorbonne University Charter for Open Access to Publications provides:
- An awareness of the academic community on societal and scientific issues of open access and open science
- Local transposition of national policies for implementing open access and facilitating the filing and reporting of publications in HAL Sorbonne Université
- Supporting research staff and doctoral students in the publication process.
- The promotion of "bibliodiversity" in the spirit of the Call of Jussieu.
Research staff and PhD students from Sorbonne University commit themselves to:
- Act in favor of open science and open access to publications in the exercise of their various responsibilities
- Check the adequacy of publishing contracts with the Sorbonne University policy on open access
- Privilege open access publishing over a hybrid journal when article is subject to Article Processing Charges
- Create and use IdHAL and ORCID identifiers allowing them to uniquely identify as authors of their publications and to promote the visibility of their scientific output.
> Download the charter, voted at the Research Committee of the Academic Council on March 28, 2019 (in French)
Contact: BSU Publications & Open Access Department
For any question relating to the referencing and the deposit of publications in HAL Sorbonne Université: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions relating to publications: email@example.com