Sorbonne University has placed the support for professional integration at the heart of its academic system. This approach includes modules for students to build their professional project, thematic meetings with companies, and personalized coaching.
Sorbonne University's orientation and job placement services have set up various schemes to support their students in their studies and professional projects. They organize individual or collective workshops that offer help with orientation, coaching to prepare for looking for a job, writing a CV and cover letters, and preparing for job interviews.
Throughout the year, students can benefit from individual guidance from professionals to build their educational project or reorientation.
For several years, Sorbonne University has also been deploying professional project support modules within academic programs. These modules help students with their career path and prepare them for entry into the job market.
In support of this teaching, the Faculty of Science & Engineering organizes an Orientation Day (JOR) each year to publicize its academic offer and guide students in their choice of course. The Faculty of Arts & Humanities makes all the business surveys that it carries out on the future of its master's graduates and its doctors available to its students.
Sorbonne University has forged close ties with companies. Thematic meetings, round tables and company visits, job dating or forums are offered to discover jobs, make contacts with recruiters and present the scope of the academic programs.
Two highlights every year:
- The Atrium des Métiers represents an opportunity for students from the Faculty of Science & Engineering to meet professionals who have come to talk about the jobs they do.
- Operation Phoenix or ELSA (Students in Humanities and Social Sciences in job-study programs) support the professional integration for Master’s Research students wishing to join large companies that are interested in recruiting.
Finally, the Sorbonne University faculties offer platforms for companies to publish their internship and job offers, and students to submit their CVs and consult the alumni directories. In this way, students can create their own professional social network.
The Orientation and Job Placement Services at Sorbonne University (in French):
- For the Faculty of Arts & Humanities: University Common Service for Information, Guidance and Professional Integration (SCUIOIP)
- For the Faculty of Medicine: The Bureau of Student-Professor Interface (BIPE)
- For the Faculty of Science & Engineering: Service Orientation Insertion (SOI)