With fourteen laureates, the Sorbonne University Alliance hosts one third of the 43 French recipients of the 2019 ERC Consolidator Grant: eleven members of the Faculty of Science and Engineering community and three members of the Faculty of Medicine.
- Jérôme Beugnon, Lecturer at Sorbonne University at LKB(1)
- Susana Coelho, CNRS Research Director at LBI2M(2)
- Fabrizio De Vico Fallani, INRIA research fellow at the ICM(3)
- Penka Georgieva, Lecturer at Sorbonne University at IMJ(4)
- Antoine Gloria, Professor Sorbonne University at LJLL(5)
- Gilles Huberfeld, Lecturer at Sorbonne University - Hospital Practitioner at the ICM(3)
- Daniel Margulies, CNRS researcher at the ICM(3)
- David Portehault, CNRS researcher at LCMCP(6)
- Nicolas Puillandre, Lecturer MNHN at ISYEB(7)
- Benjamin Rotenberg, CNRS Research Director at Phenix(8)
- Julien Tierny, CNRS researcher at LIP6(9)
- Yanko Todorov, CNRS researcher at LPENS (10)
- Irène Vignon-Clementel, INRIA Research Director at the LJLL(4)
- Alberto Vitale Brovarone, CNRS Research Director at IMPMC(11)
Congratulations to the new winners!
The ERC Consolidator Grant, a European excellence scholarship
As part of the Horizon 2020, research and innovation program, the ERC Consolidator scholarship aims to finance exploratory research projects on an innovative theme and lasting 5 years with a budget of approximately two million euros.
Aimed at researchers with 7 to 12 years of experience after their doctorate, this grant supports promising scientists who wish to form or consolidate their research team.
With a very high level of competitiveness, the ERC Consolidator Grant call for projects rewards excellence projects on ambitious and risky research subjects.
(1) Kastler Brossel Laboratory (Sorbonne University/ENS/CNRS/Collège de France)
(2) Laboratory of Integrative Biology of Marine Models (Sorbonne University/CNRS)
(3) Institute of the Brain and Spinal Cord (Sorbonne University/CNRS/Inserm/AP-HP)
(4) Jussieu Mathematics Institute (Sorbonne University/University of Paris/CNRS)
(5) Jacques-Louis Lions Laboratory (Sorbonne University/University of Paris/CNRS)
(6) Laboratory of Condensed Matter Chemistry in Paris (Sorbonne University/College of France/CNRS)
(7) Institute of Systematics, Evolution, Biodiversity (MNHN/Sorbonne University/Practical School of Advanced Studies/University of the Antilles/CNRS)
(8) Physico-chemistry of Electrolytes and Interfacial Nanosystems (Sorbonne University/CNRS)
(9) LIP6 (Sorbonne University/CNRS)
(10) ENS physics laboratory (ENS/Sorbonne University/University of Paris/CNRS)
(11) Institute of Mineralogy, Materials Physics and Cosmochemistry (Sorbonne University/MNHN/CNRS/IRD)